Cosmetic dentistry is a collection of procedures aimed at enhancing a person’s facial appearance in order to create a flawless smile. When you consult with the dentist and discuss cosmetic oral treatment, there are a few topics to think about. Here are seven things about cosmetic dentistry that you should know before getting this kind of dental treatment.If you would like to learn more about this, please check out Tolley Dental of Woodstock.
- Cosmetic dentistry offers a wide range of dental services to fit different tastes and budgets. This field of dentistry is split into a number of broad clinical divisions. Whitening treatments can whiten discoloured and bruised teeth; dental veneers can change the look of the teeth; and bonding means applying a patch on the tooth to repair scratches, small holes, and minor damage to the tooth’s structure.
- Teeth whitening is the most common form of cosmetic dentistry, and it involves laser teeth whitening, whitening cream, and other whitening products that you can purchase over-the-counter (whitening buttons, stickers, toothpaste) or get from a dentist for a more effective whitening procedure and faster results.
- There are crowns and bridges. Crowns or rubber caps are used to patch a tooth during a procedure such as a root canal. The majority of crowns are utilised because a large portion of a tooth has been missing due to advanced tooth decay. This are also used to conceal dental bridges, bridge braces, prevent a fractured tooth from worsening, and fix discoloured or missing teeth.
- Veneers might be the best option if you want a crazy sexy smile. Dental veneers are thin, porcelain-based, and provide complete security. Veneers will also cover cracked and fractured limbs, discoloration, bruises, and even tooth gaps. As the thin film is pasted onto the surface, a porcelain veneer efficiently conceals defects in the front teeth.
- Dental bonding is a more secure alternative to veneers. This procedure is used to repair minor dental cracks by glueing a silicone paste to a moulded tooth and then reinforcing it to cover up flaws and other apparent imperfections in the teeth, such as gaps.
- Orthodontics is a surgical dentistry care category. This is seen in conjunction with many of the major cosmetic dental procedures. This was initially done to properly arrange and organise the teeth. Teeth are moved into alignment through wires attached to braces on the teeth.
- Dental implants are used to replace missing teeth permanently, and the procedure is performed by surgically implanting a small titanium screw onto the jawbone. During this procedure, a crown is mounted.